About Android 151
Android is one of the most popular mobile platforms around the globe. During this course, you’ll gain the foundational understanding you need to start programming Android apps.
COURSE LENGTH: 3 DAYS
This 3-day Java fundamentals course is focused on preparing you for further interest in Android development. We’ll build on the concepts that you already know about coding and focus on what you need to know in Java to start creating mobile apps.
What you'll learn in this Android 151 Course.By taking this android course, you’ll learn:
- Android Studio IDE
- Building a UI
- Android App Lifecycle
- Intents (Extras, Filters, Broadcast Receiver, Webview, OnClick, OnLongClick)
- Activity Results
- Alert Dialog
- File I/O
- First Run
- Google Maps API
- Designing Screens
- Creating Data Models
- Persisting Data
RequirementsSkills: You must have an understanding of the fundamental concepts of programming, like writing If and loop functions, even better if you have some experience with object-oriented programming languages. If you have no experience, our Introduction to Coding or Fundamentals 101 course is recommended before enrolling in this course.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Android Studio, GenyMotion, and VirtualBox (GenyMotion uses VirtualBox in the background).