About Android 201
With over a billion Android devices being used globally, mobile app developers can’t afford to not code for them. Whether you’re looking to develop personal apps or corporate apps, this Android development course will prepare you with the right knowledge.
COURSE LENGTH: 5 DAYS
By the end of this 5-day Android course, you’ll have built three apps and published one to the Google Play store. During your immersive week of Android OS development, you’ll gain experience working with the building blocks of a basic Android app by utilizing a set of Android concepts.
What you'll learn in this Android 201 Course.By taking this android course, you’ll learn:
- Android Studio IDE
- Building a UI
- Android App Lifecycle
- Intents (Extras, Filters, Broadcast Receiver, Webview, OnClick, OnLongClick)
- Activity Results
- Alert Dialog
- File I/O
- First Run
- Google Maps API
- Designing Screens
- Creating Data Models
- Persisting Data
RequirementsSkills: In addition to knowing the fundamentals of programming, you’ll also need to have familiarity with the basics of Java to be successful in this course. If you aren’t familiar, we recommend attending Android (Java) 151.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Android Studio, GenyMotion, and VirtualBox (GenyMotion uses VirtualBox in the background).