About the Intellectual Property & Ethics Workshop
You may not know it, but the code you write and software you develop are intellectual property. Do you know how to protect it? Do you know how to read and create contracts to secure it? This workshop will teach you how to ethically and legally protect your code.
COURSE LENGTH: 4 HOURS
During this 4-hour intellectual property and ethics workshop, you’ll learn that being an ethical coder means knowing the legal boundaries of your code. We’ll cover the intricacies surrounding intellectual property and how to use them to protect your rights and your code.
What you'll learn in this intellectual property and ethics workshop.By completing this workshop, you’ll have a basic understanding of:
- Types of intellectual property or IP
- The tools available to correctly classify “ideas”
- The steps necessary to protect and manage IP once identified
- How to use and monetize IP and enforce rights through litigation and other methods
- Define the ethics boundaries of intellectual property
RequirementsIf you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.