About iOS with Swift 151
Are you ready to start coding for iPhones and iPads? In this introduction to Swift course, you’ll gain the foundational knowledge you need to build mobile apps for iOS devices.
COURSE LENGTH: 5 DAYS
Brand new to mobile app development? No problem! iOS with Swift 151 is where you’ll build the foundational knowledge needed to use Swift for mobile app development. The Swift programming language is the primary language used worldwide to build mobile and other types of applications. In this class, you’ll gain the basic knowledge needed to prepare for more complex topics to build apps for iOS mobile devices.
What you'll learn in this iOS development course.In this course, you’ll learn:
- Walkthrough of the Xcode IDE and Xcode playgrounds
- Constants and variables
- Data Types
- String features
- Control Flow
- Structs and Enums
- Classes and Methods
- OO Concepts
- Source Control using Git
RequirementsSkills: You must have experience with programming fundamentals (including but not limited to loops, If statements, and writing basic functions). Experience with object-oriented programming languages as well as Swift is also recommended. If you’ve already taken our Programming Fundamentals 101 course or Foundations course, you’re good-to-go.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Xcode 7.0 (available for free on the Mac Apple Store) and SourceTree (available at www.sourcetreeapp.com).