About iOS with Swift 201
Through this iOS coding course, you’ll develop the basic skills you need to code for iPhones and iPads. Immersing yourself into the iOS world of coding will help you understand the skills, swift programming language, and technology you need.
COURSE LENGTH: 5 DAYS
Brand new to mobile app development? Our iOS coding 201 course is the perfect place to start. During this immersive week of mobile coding, you’ll dive head first into iOS mobile app development. By the end of the week, you’ll build three complete apps including a TicTacToe game, a note-taking app, and a map app with the swift programming language.
What you'll learn in this iOS development course.In this course, you’ll learn:
- A walkthrough of the XCode IDE
- View controller and application lifecycle
- Interface builder
- Custom swift subscripts
- Computed properties and property observers
- Navigation controllers
- NSUser defaults
- Tab bar controllers
- Views and view controllers
- UI appearance
- Stack views
- Table views
- Peak and Pop
- Enums and associated values/functions
- Debug Applications using Xcode 7
- Source Control using Git
RequirementsSkills: You must have experience with programming fundamentals (including but not limited to loops, If statements, and writing basic functions). Experience with object-oriented programming languages as well as Swift is also recommended. If you’ve already taken our Programming Fundamentals 101 course or Foundations course, you’re good-to-go.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Xcode 7.0 (available for free on the Mac Apple Store) and SourceTree (available at www.sourcetreeapp.com).