About Java/Android 151
When you take this Java course, you’ll learn about all of the possibilities this coding language offers. As an essential programming language, Java is used across multiple platforms, operating systems, and devices. Some of the most popular apps in the world, like Gmail, Minecraft, and most Android apps are built with Java.
What you can do with coding…
BUILD NETWORKING APPLICATIONS
CREATE MOBILE APPS
COURSE LENGTH: 3 DAYS
In this 3 day Java programming course, you’ll be immersed in the Java language by exploring the syntax and using it to create console applications. Our instructors will also cover coding standards for professional programming-development environment. By the end of the Java course, you’ll build Java Libraries, a web portfolio, and understand GitHub Streak.
What you'll learn during this Java course.By taking this course, you’ll learn:
- Fundamentals of programming through Java
- Portfolio building
- Conceptual thinking
- Computational thinking
RequirementsSkills: Knowledge of basic computer science concepts like loops, functions, and arrays. If you’re a beginner, we recommend you take our Coding Fundamentals 101 course.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Java SDK, Eclipse, Apache IVY, Eclipse Plug-IN