What you can do with coding…
DESIGN DESKTOP APPS
DEVELOP WEB APPS
CREATE MOBILE APPS
COURSE LENGTH: 3 DAYS
- Perform routine software backups using git with both GUI tools and the terminal.
- Learn to debut errors in code through referencing online help sites and using pre-built development environment support tools.
- Use open source projects to get ideas and code for adding features to your own projects.
- Identify and use resources to be used for self-directed learning that will last beyond the scope of the course.
- Participate in partner coding, code reviews, and basic UA testing
RequirementsSkills: Understanding of basic computer requirements
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: The latest version of Chrome. Additionally, we will use Sublime, BitBucket, and Github. Additional instructions on software installation will be provided upon registration.