What you can do with coding…
DESIGN DESKTOP APPS
DEVELOP WEB APPS
CREATE MOBILE APPS
COURSE LENGTH: 5 DAYS
- Recognize the difference between function expressions and declarations
- Explore the “this” object and how to change context
- Build basic module patterns and utilize closures
- Survey Various debugging techniques for both desktop and mobile.
- Understand the basics of Node.js
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: You’ll need a modern web browser (Firefox or Chrome are highly recommended), a code-friendly text editor (Visual Studio Code, Atom, Sublime Text, or Notepage++), JS installed (the latest LTS from nodejs.org), an SSH key, Git, a Github/Bitbucket account, and a local PostgreSQL database setup that will be configured in class (www.postgresql.org/download).