About Microsoft .NET 151
In this Microsoft .NET course, you’ll start your journey to mastering one of the most popular and in-demand coding languages. Designed for beginners or those with very little experience with C# and Visual Studio. Student will learn the fundaments of making rich applications.
What you can do with coding…
BUILD USER INTERFACES
MAINTAIN DATA CONNECTIONS
CREATE WEB APPLICATIONS
ESTABLISH NETWORK CONNECTIONS
COURSE LENGTH: 3 DAYS
During this 3-day Microsoft .NET course, you’ll start to learn the basics of the .NET Framework, through hands-on experiences with C# and Visual Studio. The class focuses on giving you a solid foundation to build on in our more advanced Microsoft .NET courses.
What you'll learn in this Microsoft .NET course:By taking this course, you’ll learn to:
- Write and implement basic C# functions
- Identify and use primitive C# data types, collections and operators, including strings, integers, booleans, chars, and doubles
- Develop conditional statements using Boolean logic in a Razor web application
- Identify and write basic loops and arrays
- Define methods, fields, and properties in a class
- Utilize base getter and setter and create custom getters and setters with exception handling
- Create and override methods
- Implement constructors
- Manage overloading
- Access modifiers
- Use Enums and Structs
- Define basic principles of Object Oriented Programming (OPP)
- Understand Polymorphism, Encapsulation, and Inheritance
- Debug errors in code through referencing online help sites, such as Stack Overflow
- Use online resources for continuous learning and improving skills.
RequirementsSkills: An understanding of basic computer science concepts, such as loops, functions, and arrays. If you’re a coding beginner, we recommend you take the Intro to Coding course before this course.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition and a modern web browser such as Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome, or Firefox.