About Microsoft .NET 201
In this Microsoft .NET course, you’ll dive even deeper into one of the most sought-after skills in the tech space. Not only will you deepen your understanding of how the Microsoft .NET language works, but you’ll actually use it to build and develop a web application.
What you can do with coding…
BUILD USER INTERFACES
MAINTAIN DATA CONNECTIONS
CREATE WEB APPLICATIONS
ESTABLISH NETWORK CONNECTIONS
COURSE LENGTH: 5 DAYS
Through this Microsoft .Net coding course, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on learning environment. Students will cover the basics of C# with instructors, then move on to developing and working with applications. By the end of the course, you’ll build a Note Taking app, a web service, a database, and a sample mobile application.
What you'll learn in this Microsoft .NET course.By taking this .NET coding course, you’ll learn:
- Visual Studio IDE
- Declaring Constants and Variables
- C# Control Statements, Loops, and Enumerators
- String Manipulation
- Working with arrays, Dictionaries, and Hashtables
- Function Declarations
- Anonymous Functions
- Class Definitions, Structures, Enumerations, and Generics
- ASP .NET MVC 5 Overview
- ASP .NET MVC Lifecycle
- Controllers and Routing
- Entity Framework 6 Code First and Database First
- Validating Form Input
- Building and Consuming RESTful Services
- Interacting with Third-Party API’s
RequirementsSkills: An understanding of basic computer science concepts, such as loops, functions, and arrays. If you’re a coding beginner, we recommend you take the Intro to Coding course before this course.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition and a modern web browser such as Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome, or Firefox.