About our Microsoft .NET Course
Microsoft .NET is one of most in-demand skills right now. Powering almost everything online and on your computer, Microsoft .NET is used by coders to build, deploy, and run applications on desktops and online.
What you can do with Microsoft .NET…
BUILD USER INTERFACES
MAINTAIN DATA CONNECTIONS
CREATE WEB APPLICATIONS
ESTABLISH NETWORK CONNECTIONS
COURSE LENGTH: 8 or 12 WEEKS
COURSES STARTING ON AUGUST 14 AND OCTOBER 23
During our Microsoft .NET program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
Weeks 1–3During the first 3 weeks you will learn:
- How to create a basic HTML page using an Integrated Development Environment
- How to enhance a site’s styling using CSS
- A basic understanding of Agile Development strategies and Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- And more…
During weeks 4-8 you will learn:
- How to create ASP .NET software applications using Visual Studio
- How to build Models, Controllers, and Views for an MVC application
- How to build RESTful services
- How to interact with third-party API’s
- How to manage Data-Migrations
- And more…
During weeks 9-12 you will learn:
- How to build an application with a team for a client
- How to interpret technical documentation such as Wireframes, Software Architecture Diagrams, etc.
- How to manage client scope and deadlines
- How to resolve merge conflicts and issues
- And more…
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
MORE THAN A COURSE
Looking for something other than a 12-week course?
Based on your qualifications and needs, our admissions team will work with you to determine the best solution for your coding education.
What can you do with Microsoft .NET?
Much of what we use every day is built in the .NET Framework. Everything from smartphone games to productivity apps and websites are built using the different languages and codes housed within the .NET Framework. With the knowledge of the .NET Framework, you’ll hold the ticket you need to start building the next hit mobile productivity app or the next Facebook game or even the next smartwatch application.
LEAD .NET DEVELOPER SALARY (5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE)
JOB TITLES AND POSITIONS
- .NET Developer
- Software Engineer
- Mobile Application Developer
- . NET Web Developer
- Lead .Net Developer
- Sharepoint Developer Architect