About Python 201
Python is a programming language that allows for multiple coding opportunities. Especially ideal in scientific, technical, and academic fields, Python is used to build web applications. In this immersive Python course, you’ll use Python, Django, and Pyramid to build web applications and connect them to a server. The course caps off by giving you the knowledge of connecting an app to a database, then publishing the app.
What you can do with coding…
CONNECT APPS TO DATABASES
BUILD WEB APPLICATIONS
CONNECT APPS TO SERVERS
COURSE LENGTH: 5 DAYS
During this 5-day immersive Python course, you’ll be coding non-stop. By the end of day one, you’ll have written a Python app. After day three, you’ll dive into Pyramid and learn the language. Days four and five are all about learning and applying Django for app development.
What you'll learn in Python 201By taking this Python course:
- Leveraging existing Python libraries
- Creating and using libraries and packages
- Error handling
- Debugging Python with PDB
- Leveraging the Python web frameworks Django and Pyramid
- Using data structures
- Web application architecture
- Web application deployment
- Using JSON with web applications
- Creating and using web service APIs
- Object relational mapping with Django ORM and SQLAlchemy
- User authentication
RequirementsSkills: Because all coding in this course is done in Python 3, basic Python coding skills are required. Exercises can be completed at learnpython.org through the Django Project tutorial.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: A favorite editor and or IDE you’re familiar with that will support Python development. We recommend PyCharm.