About Security Coding
Businesses, corporations, and organizations all face security issues. Data records, proprietary information, and intellectual property all need to be protected. By understanding and being knowledgeable with security coding concepts, you increase your value to your employer.
What you can do with security coding…
IDENTIFY SECURITY THREATS
COMBAT SECURITY THREATS
COURSE LENGTH: 4 HOURS
This 4-hour security coding course is all about tackling today’s leading security threats through coding. Like all of the courses and programs at Eleven Fifty, this course is hands-on, always-in-the-code learning environment. Through this immersive style of instruction, you’ll examine the concepts needed for security coding to effective.
What you'll learn in this Security Coding course.By taking this course, you’ll learn:
- System and network configuration
- User management
- Database security
- Network security
- Data validation
- Error handling
- Defensive programming
- Secure data storage
- Peer code reviews
- Source control
- Real world examples of hacks and common hacking methods
RequirementsSkills: You’ll need a basic understanding of core coding concepts (in any language), familiarity with the Linux File System, and command line tools.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 80 gig hard drive of space
- Latest MacOSx
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
Software: Ubuntu 14.04 installed in your laptop or virtual machine.