About WordPress 151
In the WordPress 151 course, you’ll learn how to build or elevate your online presence through immersive WordPress training. Through the WordPress course, you’ll learn to create a website and a blog without having to type a single line of code.
What you can do with coding…
BUILD AN ONLINE PRESENCE
LAUNCH A WEBSITE
MAINTAIN A BLOG
EDIT DIGITAL CONTENT
COURSE LENGTH: 2 DAYS
In this 2 day WordPress development course, you’ll be immersed in the WordPress editor platform. Perfect for entrepreneurs, administrative staff, graphic designers and business owners, this course focuses on creating a website and blog. Experienced instructors will walk you through using the WordPress platform, show you how to create a home page, teach you to set up a navigation menu, and even explain your hosting options.
What you'll learn during this WordPress course.By taking this course, you’ll learn to:
- Create your own Website pages, blog and navigation menu
- Create and customize a data collection form
- Add a blog page and post blogs to your site
- Customize a footer for your site that includes social media links
- Add images, videos, and other media to your site
- Select, change and customize your website theme
- Use WordPress to administer your website
- Compare hosting options for your website
- Maintain the currency of WordPress and WordPress plugins
- Apply basic optimization techniques to your site to increase traffic through web searches
- Implement basic security configurations for your site
RequirementsSkills: You must have basic computer and typing skills, the ability to use a simple text-editor, and we highly recommend you have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Hardware: You will need your own laptop with WIFI capabilities and the latest operating system installed. We do have Chromebooks available on request.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Adobe Brackets code editor
- MAMP integrated environment with WordPress and MySQL
- An FTP client application
All required software installs with detailed instructions will be provided two weeks before the class start date.